Saturday, September 01, 2012

Its the little things...

I somehow recollect writing about this long time back.
not sure if I ended up publishing the blog or not but here we go again.

Cities like NYC/singapore/mumbai that have great public transporation probablly go throuhg this a lot
every weekday, you get in the train, meet fellow passengers
and end up meeting lots of friends/train friends/strangers: share a glance or two.
everyone has their own vibes, You meet a positive person and your day starts amazing.
you meet a melodramatic person and your day starts a little gloomy !

Its almost a fashion statement now a days
to say "aah its monday, damn it..."
you ask someone "hey how are you"
Answer : same old dude same old. SSDD : same shit different day !

Why this kolaveri guys ?

Granted we have our own issues and every day you cant be at top of your moods, but at least some days ?
why not a simple good morning with a smile  ?

Anyways, got to write about a lady and uncle whom I really like and yes they do fall on other side of this bridge.

Train conductor..

This conductor who is on the trains on wed-fri, when we reach our last stop , instead of just announcing the stop name, when people are getting down: he does an impromptu ( i guess )
3 min gig
- Thank you all for riding this train today morning
  Its wednesday today, but dont worry friday is coming...:)
  hope you have a great day today , remember to smile and njoy your day..
- Thank you all for riding this train today morning.
  we hope you njoyed your ride. Life is small, lets let it happily.
  Let god worry about your problems, he is there to help you out.
  Stay tight and smile a bit..have a great day

and many such variations.Guess what it does bring a smile on so many faces.
RESPECT, yes lot of respect for this guy.Havent met him yet but I do want to meet him in person
and thank him for this lil gesture.Its the little things...

The Newspapaer lady.

At the very entrance of our subway statoin, lot of people distribute free daily newspapers.
Everyone is shouting at top of their voices for ads/specials doing thr business , but there is this one lady
who makes my day everyday. Everytime you walk up to her
SMILE : - hello my darling , good morning - : SMILE
SMILE : - honey a very good morning    - : SMILE 
SMILE : - Darling you have a great day   - : SMILE 

and many such varieties.
Guess what that little smile I see on her face, that one liner I get everyday from her ! yes I love it . I am sure she makes at least some hundred people smile every day.

I walked up to her and told her last week,
Me: Hey you do know that your lil smile and one liner does make my day
LADY : BIIIIIIIG SMILEE : nooooooooooooooooooooo honey are you serious
Me: yes I am very very serious, in fact I almost walk up to you everyday to pick that newpaper and almost wait for
your one liner and that smile !
LADY HUGS me and tells the cop standing by us and is rejoiced !
I told her today that I am going to write a blog about her and she just couldnt believe it.
didnt ask her name for privacy concerns. To me she is the Smiling lady with the newspaper..


Guess what, now everyday I go by her , there is a even greater smile and it does make my day very bright.

2 comments:

venkat said...

very nice bawa ........u are and always will be a dude!!!! really nice story !!! i mean it

Nikhil Jalgaonkar said...

very nice post, it does show that its the little things that are more important than the big things which we always shoot for..