Sunday, July 14, 2013

What have I studied

Before you read ahead, pls log in to your FB page and check out the about me section.
Bunch of info there...
Works at, lives in, From, married/single....and of course STUDIED.

Pls note your answer under "studied" and then read along this blog post.






-----------------------------------------
Hope you have actually did what I just asked for.
I will tell you what I had too
- Masters at so n so
- Bachelors at so n so
- school ...and what not !


As a reflection, I checked multiple other profiles on FB and realised, it follows the same paradigm.
Really: We are all so much part of a system which says : studied/education only means degrees !!
For a software professional its Bachelors/Masters/Engg...its a setup.

Today when I completed Triathlon ( yes I did it !!! )..I was about to make a Fb entry when I added this section under
Studied : Swim / Bike / Run at Team in Training

Now my studied section looks something like this
- Swim Bike Run at Team in Training.
- Masters at so n so
- Bachelors at so n so
- school ...and what not !

M very glad I made that change. Might seem a small FB update, but its not. It means much more to me. It tells me there are others aspects of living life that we dont study at school/university. Its very late that we reliase that these aspects are the ones that matter more in life ! ..these are the ones that keep us going !

I am going to keep a tab on this Studied section and will make it a point to add many more such bullet points in there ! Loads to learn

Just for your own sake..Go back and update your FB page...not about Masters and the usual ..but something that was not mundane...something that drives you ..

Wrote this entire thing in exactly 5 mins ! Just speaking my mind right now..No editing.

Cheers. 

No comments: