Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A lot can happen over a simple Jog.

Today I came home at about 6 30 and was in a good mood. Wanted to do something healthy and so decided to go for a jog( had to check dictionary.reference.com to see if its jog or jogg !!! ..bhagwan jane kya hoga mera..) at the riverside. First of all it was awesome weather outside and then it might help me to get away with a thing called hehe ..."TUMMY" . I called a friend of mine and we were to meet at the riverwalk.

About 7 30, m there ..strolling across the scenic walk. I need to take pics of this area and send them back home.....coz they really need to know that I am happy here :) ..neways so here comes my friend. We jog/.strolll/..walk...discusing about lotsa things.. It started with job..project manager ...Payscales.. calculating bonus (I got to admit ...we all are nothing but greedy bums). So slowly from the casual topics we drifted to more intense or for that matter non-casual topics. I told him about how it has been with me till date..small ups and downs...big decisions...incidents that were interesting yet obscure in its own ways....and many many things. nd same with my friend too..I got to know so many things in general.....Actually not mere knowing things..I learnt something today. To be precise I learnt something good from this guy.

So this guy has been donating money in India. Not the usual donations that we make at mandir but to organisations like CRY. He made a decision long ago to donate money to such an organisation that helps to educate villagers o orphans. He was telling me about the feeling that he derives through all this..DEVINE....So there is this one little kid in some gaav in India who he has been helping all thru..Some day the school teacher told the kid that "HE" is the guy who sponsored all the education/living and gave the kid my frnds contact. On New yrs eve this kid made a small greeting card cum drawing for this frnd (F). When F got this greeting card he just couldn't believe his eyes.....

F says : "It would be sheer insult to that feeling if I refer it as "overjoyed" .............because it was lot more than that.... actually I have become selfish and just keep on donating every month, just to get one more card every year ..." ....

I think hes rite. When I go back to India even I am goona try and become a bit selfish too ....Thanks dude . .....I am so in........

To those who are reading this...I guess even yu can drink one coffee LESS everyday :) . A dollar a day can probably be big amount at the end of year for some lone child out thr...

Indeed a lot can happen over a simple jog.....

1 comment:

Anu said...

nice post!! rarely ppl think abt othrs everyone is usually engrossed in their own problems n chores...ur frnd is doing a commendable job...Kudos to ur frnd.