Sunday, March 04, 2007

Memoirs of Geisha.....olrite Holi

FYI, Happy Holi guyz.

This time holi over here seems to be on the "dry" side... hehe I know this dry word is kinda elusive. Lets leave it rite thr :)

Anyways, today I was just wondering about the holi back in Inida..If I am not wrong, during colg life (VNIT- Nagpur), most of the years holi was celebrated at my place. Front yard-backyard--terrace..nothing left untouched. We did our bit to keep mom busy, cleaning the whole place for the coming weeks. It was fun that way. Mom shouting all the way rnd, Nikhil dont come inside with yur wet clothes..jst stay away..nd Nikhil being "obedient" child..alwz did the rite thing.....:D

Alrite, school dayz holi was even more special.
Well its like comparing apples and oranges...both had thr own flavours..distinctly difrnt.

School: Get up in the morning, arrange for some shaddy clothes, jhang glasses, rip off the shirt at many places :P , ask dad for letting me out with my LUNA.....haha luna is an interesting thing that hapnd to me in those days. Not just me actually many of us during school life. Believe it or not, few guys used to come to school with that luna thing ..for those who dont know what exactly m talkin bout..herz it "http://www.kinetic2wheelers.com/showroom/utilityvehicles/luna/index.php" .

So getting that thing on holi was a uphill task...nd wid immense persuasion I used to get it done. To be frank my dad is kul that way...

Hot phrase during those dayz: CHAL MERI LUNA. :P ohh Cmon even john must be ridin some crappy vehicle during his not so biking days.
Imagine John dude, ridin on his luna super, nd just gsssshin past yu ... actually, I wonder what he used to drive during his schoolin!!!

Came 12th std and I had my CBZ.., that was some time in life. Truly, BIKE is the best thing that happen to guys during colg life. Riding a bike and takin those curvy turns on high speeds...nearly going parallel to road on the curves..maaaan nothing compares to that.. I guess when I go back to India, I will defntly have a bike in my garrage for sure. Cars are good but in no ways they come even close to bikes.
So, holi then was all about getting into all tattered clothes and roaming arnd in the city on bikes.
It was awesome...


I remember our last holi: Abhishek( auto ), Rahul ( masan :D ), Nikhil jalgaonkar ( Jadu ) and ofcrse myself, we got into that groove and ran after each other with GULAAL, rang and all. Latr the level started degrading with everyone tearing clothes...even betr..we wer doing that rite on the road..Best part came when we forced eachother to BRUSH hahahah Can yu blve two guys handcuffing yu and the last one brushing yur teeths wid COLOURS !!!! haha now that sounds creepy bt it was fun then.. No regrtes...In fact, today I can stand withot any handcuffs and get myself brushed :D ...


Cheers ..
Happy holi once again.



Current song: Its my life ....

No comments: