Saturday, October 07, 2006

TOW da B'day - Parties ~~~

Its Oct' 7 ND more specifically, my roomies bdy. We had arranged a small party at home with all friends from Cliff coming at our place at about 11 30 pm. Its 12:00, Cake time ~~~~

Cake---Pizza---Drinks---taunts---going out for a walk---Drinks again :) ---more Bakar ---

Its 5 30am.....Just three guys standing, rest all already dreaming.
I am also tired----> "Good night(Hopefully RSD: Romantic Sweet Dreams)".

This is how it goes for us over here at US. lets go back to the ol' days.....

First 5-6 Birthdays: Obviously I hardly remember anything of these birthdays except for the cute pics with my family. They celebrated it more than what I did. Cheers to Them :) .

Age 7 - 12(may be): hahah these were bit different. "Happy Bday" song in school, Distributing chocolates, wearing new clothes in school(one of da few dayz when you can wear anything else but school Uniform :P ), may be a small party followed by nice and interesting gifts from friends.
Talking about gifts...they usually sum up to greeting cards, Wall hangings, wind chimes(I gifted them so many times) and mostly those soft toys. Cheers to them tooo.

Age 13 - 18(High School - junior College ): Now here we are...on the verge of understandings "NEW" things in life- expecting more from life-expecting more from someone special,special attention-New clothes--Bigger gifts--taking friends to restaurants--Dance-masti-- interesting gifts--but still everything was in a controlled format. I guess this was the time when I had real hard time selecting gifts. I guess we all had.....

Age 18 - 21 (Engg College): Awesome time. Great parties-late night calls-very special gifts.
Day starts with canteen parties.Now this was the best part: anyone and everyone you know in college comes to you --wishes you --and orders something, mostly dahi samosa/noodles. You might not have seen/talked to this person during your entire college life but its a pleasure to treat them on your day...even I had many such opportunities and being an opportune person, never missed a single one !!!!! anyways coming to evening, wow, everyone gathers at some place. Few get their cars and off we are to some restaurant..obvsly BIGGER and BETTER restaurants. Lotsa dance -- lotsa masti. I remember at harshi's party when we danced/shouted so much that da whole restaurant was following us :P (For your info that place is closed now, nd people wonder y !!!) . At reicha's party, she exerted like hell to teach us a game and MANN it was awesome. Contri for gifts...coming home late night...sab ladkiyon ko unke ghar tak leke jao(their parents had faith in us :P). I would like to admit here something. This was the time when I really started missing bday's with my parents. They used to wait for me to come home but I was out wid my friends. Back then, I thought that it was OK but now I realise that its definitely not done and definitely NOT OK . Anyways, happens ..??
Interestingly there were no drinks except for soft drinks. No one even thought of it.

But in all it was really sweet time with all friends around and I really really miss those golden dayz !!!

Age 24 ( US ): Now its same old day with just a pinch of excitement. Room-mates arrange a small party. USUAL cake and songs but this time it is accompanied by "DRINKS" and this time not "soft" for sure. Few drink....Few have to be forced --few succumb to da force-- few dont.
Then there is this set of people who never drink so they stay put with "soft drinks". I truly respect their decision but to be frank I dont fall in their Category. Usual masti-- no dance-- no big games like what we had during engg college--nohting. And more often than not...its the same routine for all the birthday parties...We wish to do somehitng new everytime but unfortunately no success till date. Late night conversations in that DIZZY stage with few blabbering all crap, making absolutely no sense but still night goes on nd strangely we have fun...atleast we pretend we do !!!! Next morning(actual day) bday boy is sitting next to me doing some assignment, we are watching one ABCD movie, no food till now -- nothing special for da day. I am not saying that we dont have fun ..just that, am wondering about the transition I have been thru ...

When my birthday comes, I am so gonna miss my family, my old set of friends and those parties.
I wonder if we are going to reach a point in life, when, we would try and celebrate this day, like we used to !!!!



Current State: Nostalgic
Current Song: Roobaaroo (RDB)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even I have seen people going through these changes.You have a valid point.